Burke County Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Burke County Online Forum

Collaborate, organize, and share discussions, events, information, questions, and reports about Burke County in North Carolina

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» An undeserved attack on the 'undeserving poor'
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:20 am by Admin

» CMS Saves $0 From Closing Schools In First Year
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 am by Admin

» House GOP Leaders Press NC Gay Marriage Amendment
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 am by Admin

» Are members of Congress paid enough?
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:08 am by Admin

» Introduction
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 pm by Exhorter

» From The Almighty Admin
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm by Admin

» Introductions
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm by Admin

» Special Board Meeting
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:10 am by Admin

» How long can Burke schools last without support?
From The Almighty Admin Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm by Admin

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Burke County Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Burke County Online Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

From The Almighty Admin

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1From The Almighty Admin Empty From The Almighty Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

For starters, I've been married for 13 years, and we have three children, who are all currently in our Burke County Public School system. I currently work full-time in computer repair for a major electronics retailer, and attend a local community college as a part-time student, majoring in computer networking.

Politically, I consider myself a moderate, since I can both understand and even sympathize with both sides of the political spectrum. However, when it comes to the education of my children and all of the children of Burke County, my views may be considered as very liberal and democratic. I place our American academics above all else, beyond any issue. Our kids' education is my highest, utmost priority.

I started this forum as a means to pass information between concerned BCPS parents and teachers, but it never really took off or became popular within our Burke County community. Forgotten and abandoned, and with the 2011 elections in a couple of months, I decided to open this forum above and beyond the concerns of our BCPS system, and into all discussions and questions regarding our local government and politics.

I have personally witnessed how ordinary strangers with common goals and interests change the decisions and direction of our county politics. This forum is my futile attempt to bring all of us Burke County citizens and residents together, despite our political and religious differences, in a common effort to help make Burke County an even better place to live than it already is. Many of us have felt powerless against federal and even state politicians, but to get things done, you must start at the local level, and slowly work your way up the ladder.

http://webpages.charter.net/drkstlkr/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum